Fifteen Future Technology Protocols Meet for Convergence Stack Hackathon at Diffusion Event in Berlin – 19-20th October 2019
The crypto scene is often seen as a mass of competing and adversarial tribes. However not this fall, when 15 protocols join forces to collaborate and pool developer communities to build a literal stack of technologies that collectively enable a ‘new data economy’, centred around privacy, the decentralisation of insecure cloud architecture and the deconstruction of platform monopolies, called ‘The Convergence Stack’.
The Convergence Stack spans IoT hardware through internet networking, storage, routing, databases, middleware and machine learning leveraging innovations in distributed ledger technology and crypto assets to coordinate decentralised networks of stakeholders to enable a more peer to peer and open web.
The two day event called Diffusion 2019 will take place in Berlin on the weekend of the 19-20 October 2019 and will be focused on the practical application of distributed ledger technology, smart contracts and programmable tokens, to create a new data layer, and enable other deep technologies like AI and IoT to combine and converge in order to define the next major web cycle.
- 350 developers will apply to test their skills to hack using 25m+ lines of open source code over a 2 day period for thousands in prizes
- Hack teams will be drawn from some of the worlds largest corporations, technical universities, leading dev shops and the crypto scenes best indie github contributors
- The first protocols to be publicly announced include: Fetch.AI, Cosmos, IOTA, Chainlink, Enigma, Sovrin, Evernym, Haja Networks, Agoric Systems, Ocean Protocol, FOAM, Alkemi, RightMesh and SEED with more over the coming months
- Winners will present to leading investors including event hosts and ‘Europas: blockchain hottest investor 2019’, Outlier Ventures and enterprise partners
- The event will take place at The Factory, Berlin over two days on 19-20th October 2019
Jamie Burke, Founder of Outlier Ventures and pioneer of The Convergence Stack commented:
“This represents a big step for the industry. For the first time, we are bringing people to work together to take on the current Web paradigm which works for no one other than Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google’’.
“We need a wide range of skills from across cryptography, machine learning, smart contract dev, IoT, and crypto-economics to make Web 3 a reality. We believe this is the first step in a truly collaborative effort reminiscent of the early Internet to make p2p mainstream.’’
Leading decentralised projects from across the crypto scene will formally be present including IOTA, Cosmos, Chainlink, Fetch.AI, Enigma, Sovrin, Evernym, Haja Networks, Agoric Systems, Ocean Protocol, FOAM, Alkemi, RightMesh and SEED to celebrate the technical progress and talent across their communities.
It will be a hackathon-style event with teams of developers competing in challenges including dapps, network improvements, stack integrations, tooling and documentation to accelerate adoption and network growth. The event will also feature a series of exclusive product launches, live demos, enterprise partnership announcements and Q&As from founders and core dev teams from across The Stack as well as presentations from leading developers, economists and system engineers.
Outlier Ventures Labs hosted a virtual conversation with two technical leaders of the core components of the Convergence Stack: Toby Simpson, CTO of Fetch.AI, decentralised AI for the machine economy and Ken Ebert, Software Architect and OS Engineer, Sovrin the new standard for digital identity. OV Labs showcased a LIVE demo of the highly synergistic technologies in practice, introducing their latest project: ANVIL. If you are a developer, the Stack enables you to be part of an ecosystem of open-source technologies spanning hardware, software and p2p networking. As a business who produces, processes and derives value from data, the Stack offers a framework for navigating decentralisation, blockchain and Web 3.
- Fifteen Future Technology Protocols Meet for Convergence Stack Hackathon at Diffusion Event in Berlin – 19-20th October 2019 – August 6, 2019
- Project ‘Justice For All Musicians’ Joins Digital Asset Monetary Network – August 6, 2019
- Trump Trade Wars or Whales? What’s Behind the BTC Price Surge? $12,000+ – August 6, 2019
- Vancouver’s University of British Columbia Launches Canada’s First Graduate Blockchain Training Programmes – August 5, 2019
- US SEC Commissioner Supports “Non-Exclusive Safe Harbour” for Tokens at Singapore Event – August 5, 2019
- 8Hours Foundation Raises over $3.0 Million in Token Sale – August 4, 2019
- Bitcoin.com to Launch Cryptocurrency Exchange – August 4, 2019
- British Company Launches World-changing Battery Technology on Crypto ILO Exchange – August 3, 2019
- Crypto Lending Company Nexo Cuts Deal with Mastercard – August 3, 2019
- Canadian Pacific Railways Joins Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) – August 3, 2019
- UK Regulator FCA Clarifies Crypto Guidelines with Updated Consultation Paper – July 31, 2019
- Cryptokitties Founders Bring First-of-its-Kind Blockchain Game to NBA Basketball Fans – July 31, 2019
- Bitcoin Oil Opens Office at Crypto Valley Labs in Zug, Switzerland – July 31, 2019
- Zilliqa Cuts Deal with Chainlink to Power New Breed of Decentralised Finance Apps Fuelled by Real-World Data – July 31, 2019
- Cannabis Company Leafbuyer Technologies Announces Blockchain Integration in App – July 31, 2019
- NEM Ventures Investments in IoT-based Startup IoDLT – July 31, 2019
- Bitcoin.com and CheapAir.com Team Up to Serve Bitcoin Cash – July 31, 2019
- Canada’s TruTrace Blockchain Technologies Joins the Flowr Project for Validation of Medical Cannabis at Shoppers Drug Mart – July 31, 2019
- Hyperledger Expands – Adds 11 New Members – July 31, 2019
- B3i releases first Blockchain Insurance product on Corda – July 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.