Barbados Project Plans STO to Raise Revialisation Funds
[email protected], a US Blockchain-based Sustainable Economic Development Company, has announced the prelaunch of [email protected] BARBADOS which will seek to finance, via a Security Token Offering (STO), the execution of major development projects in Barbados across 20 different sectors, implementing the advanced technologies of the participating consortium companies. The STO will be in several stages, and will allow international “accredited investors” to purchase “Revenue Share Token” securities tied to specific sectoral development projects.
This new strategic initiative has two purposes. It will introduce into Barbados the first, fully eco-designed and sustainable properties, for development and investment. It is also formulated to accelerate the economic recovery of the island-nation, after a decade of economic decline and international financial rating downgrades. Facing increased competition, limited foreign exchange reserves and a national debt burden in excess of GDP, the road to recovery for Barbados’ economy appeared to be a long and painful one for its citizens. [email protected] says they intend to change that.
The initiative brings together a global consortium of technology solution companies from diverse economic sectors, including Renewable Energy, Transportation and Aquaculture. These companies are committed to leveraging their new and innovative tech solutions, to drive faster economic growth in Barbados, by attracting a minimum of US$1 Billion in foreign direct investment for development projects over ten years.
As explained by Robin Belle, a social enterprise/technology entrepreneur, Blockchain advocate and architect of the initiative:
“It takes a highly strategic and creative approach, to dramatically transform a country’s economic performance and international standing in the short to medium term. It requires major buy-in and coordinated action by multiple stakeholder groups locally and internationally.” Belle, a citizen of Barbados, is Founder and CEO of [email protected], the US company behind the initiative.
In its thrust to Revitalize Economic Activity on the island, [email protected] will lead a Utility Voucher OfferingTM (UVO™), which is a Barbados Crowdfunding/Marketing Campaign with the promotional theme #BuildBarbadosBack. It involves the global sale of Digital Gift Vouchers to Barbadians and visitors to Barbados, who love Barbados and want to play their part in supporting the island’s economic transformation.
Visit the official initiative website at https://www.smartbarbados.com
- Samsung SDS Unveils Enterprise Blockchain Middleware, Nexledger Universal – April 29, 2019
- Stealth Cryptocurrency Introduces Novel Reputation System for Stakers Based on NFTs – April 29, 2019
- DEXON Mainnet Goes Live with Key Industry Supporters and New Brand Identity – April 29, 2019
- Barbados Project Plans STO to Raise Revialisation Funds – April 29, 2019
- NY Prosecutors Allege Bitfinex Covered $850 Million Loss Using Tether Funds – April 29, 2019
- India Moves to Ban All Cryptocurrencies – Except Government Regulated Digital Currencies – April 29, 2019
- Singapore VC GBCI Announces $100M Venture Built Project – Building Cities Beyond (BCB) Blockchain – April 28, 2019
- Port of Rotterdam Bullish on Blockchain – Powering Forward with New Projects – April 28, 2019
- Countdown to EU Kickoff for New Security Token Offerings – July 21, 2019 – April 28, 2019
- IBM and Yara Team Up To Transform Future of Farming – April 28, 2019
- French Bank Societe Generale Issues €100m Bond as a Security Token on Ethereum – April 28, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector – April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter – April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution – April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials – April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain – April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners – April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features – April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison – April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox – April 19, 2019
Also published on Medium.